It feels like this is all I do with this blog :P
To be honest and in all fairness...I come to this page right here multiple times a week and SOMETHING or NOTHING always happens and I will close the page. The 'something' would be a task, a chore, an errand, an e-mail, time with Brody, a book with Raina....something seems to grab my attention each and every time. The 'nothing' is I sit down, I'm completely motivated, I am DOING a blog today, and then....nothing...I go completely blank and have nothing to write or share. Which of course there's plenty you could write or say, but I always think...why bore you...ha!
Not that life is boring right now...it sure is NOT...but we're in a repetitive motion this June. June is the month of T-ball. So Wednesday is practice, Thursday and/or Saturday is game time! Brody is doing really well...he is quite the athlete when he wants to be....key word WANTS...he is still learning what it's like to be a team, to stay in position, to pay attention...which I've found most of these sweet 4-6 year old boys are doing. It's the age, it' fun and exciting for them and they get distracted VERY easily...ha!


Raina hasn't been AS busy as Brody but Tuesday's are gym days. She loves gymnastics! She's working hard while there and then comes home and tries all the new things she's learned. Her flexibility and balance have improved 10-fold...it's actually amazing because she was my little klutz for so long ;) I think after a couple of months of this (which they pretty much do the same things every time) I'm ready to move her. She's learned the basics and I think she's getting bored. The main reason you do gymnastics is to learn to tumble. Well it would have been for me. This helps to further a gymnastics career or carry her into cheerleading. They do have tumbling classes and I think we're leaning towards going in that direction...we'll see. She wants to do basketball in the fall and has talked about ballet also.


This has so far also been the month of the "poooooooooool"!! We have loved pool time this year. We've been to Nana's multiple times, up to Decatur to Uncle Buck's and even got one for our backyard. We've all got great tans going that' for sure ;) Raina is now jumping off the sides unaided, trying to swim without her body glove on and doing lots of 'Rainaballs'.... (cannon balls) ;) Brody is taking his time...and I'm letting him. I want him to love the water and not fear it...so when he's ready, we'll be ready to help him :D


BASEBALL....never really was a fan before I had a little boy. My mom used to drag me to the fields in Allen which felt like every dang day in the hot summer growing up. We'd spend all day out there between both brothers, multiple teams and double headers. Give me a cold football game any day to a hot baseball game...that was always my thinking! But now that Brody's involved and loving it, I've found that I am too. We've been to a couple Rough Rider's games, and going back July 3rd for the 4th Celebration, and MD and I were able to go to a suite at The Ballpark. VERY fun! I told his boss he was spoiling me forever...I now think there is no other way to see these games unless you're in an air conditioned suite or an overhead fan balcony type situation ;) I kid....kinda.... :)
My Twin's Sale is already in beginning stages of planning...that was fast! I'm still doing work from home for Michael's company that keeps me consistently (in spurts and days) working. I'm hoping to start a new venture soon with a dear friend from church and will share more about that later AND I've got MOPS up at the church starting up that I'm helping lead. So that's me. Keeping up with two VERY busy 5 year olds, preparing for upcoming Kindergarten whether it's school supplies stock piling, "school time" at the table working on our "skills" or preparing my heart that June is already almost over and July will go even faster....
Michael is also staying VERY busy. He's had some exciting changes come about at work. He's been the "CVS" guy for so long but he's passed the torch and is now doing multiple projects and some big and exciting ones. He rocks ;) He's helping Coach Brian with Brody's T-ball team. If you see a bunch of REALLY great hitting t-ball players on that field...I give credit to the batting coach, Coach Michael ;) He's had fun and Brody loves him being out there.
May / June are always such busy and expensive months for us...HA! Lots of birthday's in May but particularly Michael's, our anniversary in May, my birthday in June. We decided this year we wanted boots for our birthday's. I haven't had a good pair of boots since high school and now they're so cute and stylish. So on my birthday we both went out and got our boots. That's been very fun...turning that Missouri boy more Texan every day ;)
I think that's it...it's not a whole lot and I'm sure not all to exciting to everyone reading....but it's perfect and fun for this moment in time for us....and I love it :)
To be honest and in all fairness...I come to this page right here multiple times a week and SOMETHING or NOTHING always happens and I will close the page. The 'something' would be a task, a chore, an errand, an e-mail, time with Brody, a book with Raina....something seems to grab my attention each and every time. The 'nothing' is I sit down, I'm completely motivated, I am DOING a blog today, and then....nothing...I go completely blank and have nothing to write or share. Which of course there's plenty you could write or say, but I always think...why bore you...ha!
Not that life is boring right now...it sure is NOT...but we're in a repetitive motion this June. June is the month of T-ball. So Wednesday is practice, Thursday and/or Saturday is game time! Brody is doing really well...he is quite the athlete when he wants to be....key word WANTS...he is still learning what it's like to be a team, to stay in position, to pay attention...which I've found most of these sweet 4-6 year old boys are doing. It's the age, it' fun and exciting for them and they get distracted VERY easily...ha!
LOVES getting to wear his uniform
My shirt I made...I'm definitely his biggest fan and will be for life.
After I had it made and put it on for his 1st game, he told it was "perfect" and then he realized I was the only Mommy that had it...he said I was the "coolest"....well then it's completely worth it I'd say ;)
Raina hasn't been AS busy as Brody but Tuesday's are gym days. She loves gymnastics! She's working hard while there and then comes home and tries all the new things she's learned. Her flexibility and balance have improved 10-fold...it's actually amazing because she was my little klutz for so long ;) I think after a couple of months of this (which they pretty much do the same things every time) I'm ready to move her. She's learned the basics and I think she's getting bored. The main reason you do gymnastics is to learn to tumble. Well it would have been for me. This helps to further a gymnastics career or carry her into cheerleading. They do have tumbling classes and I think we're leaning towards going in that direction...we'll see. She wants to do basketball in the fall and has talked about ballet also.
Stretching it out.... ;)
It wears. her. out!
This has so far also been the month of the "poooooooooool"!! We have loved pool time this year. We've been to Nana's multiple times, up to Decatur to Uncle Buck's and even got one for our backyard. We've all got great tans going that' for sure ;) Raina is now jumping off the sides unaided, trying to swim without her body glove on and doing lots of 'Rainaballs'.... (cannon balls) ;) Brody is taking his time...and I'm letting him. I want him to love the water and not fear it...so when he's ready, we'll be ready to help him :D
BASEBALL....never really was a fan before I had a little boy. My mom used to drag me to the fields in Allen which felt like every dang day in the hot summer growing up. We'd spend all day out there between both brothers, multiple teams and double headers. Give me a cold football game any day to a hot baseball game...that was always my thinking! But now that Brody's involved and loving it, I've found that I am too. We've been to a couple Rough Rider's games, and going back July 3rd for the 4th Celebration, and MD and I were able to go to a suite at The Ballpark. VERY fun! I told his boss he was spoiling me forever...I now think there is no other way to see these games unless you're in an air conditioned suite or an overhead fan balcony type situation ;) I kid....kinda.... :)
My Twin's Sale is already in beginning stages of planning...that was fast! I'm still doing work from home for Michael's company that keeps me consistently (in spurts and days) working. I'm hoping to start a new venture soon with a dear friend from church and will share more about that later AND I've got MOPS up at the church starting up that I'm helping lead. So that's me. Keeping up with two VERY busy 5 year olds, preparing for upcoming Kindergarten whether it's school supplies stock piling, "school time" at the table working on our "skills" or preparing my heart that June is already almost over and July will go even faster....
Michael is also staying VERY busy. He's had some exciting changes come about at work. He's been the "CVS" guy for so long but he's passed the torch and is now doing multiple projects and some big and exciting ones. He rocks ;) He's helping Coach Brian with Brody's T-ball team. If you see a bunch of REALLY great hitting t-ball players on that field...I give credit to the batting coach, Coach Michael ;) He's had fun and Brody loves him being out there.
May / June are always such busy and expensive months for us...HA! Lots of birthday's in May but particularly Michael's, our anniversary in May, my birthday in June. We decided this year we wanted boots for our birthday's. I haven't had a good pair of boots since high school and now they're so cute and stylish. So on my birthday we both went out and got our boots. That's been very fun...turning that Missouri boy more Texan every day ;)
I think that's it...it's not a whole lot and I'm sure not all to exciting to everyone reading....but it's perfect and fun for this moment in time for us....and I love it :)


Comments