On July 4th Brody woke us up. I could tell he was being "whiney" so I pulled him in bed with me and asked what was wrong. He said his head hurt. ?? Why Bro? I don't know. So I got up with him, carried him into the kitchen to our "medicine" cabinet and went to get him some Kids Tylenol...then I saw it....
"Brody, what did you do?!"
"I don't know!"
"You don't know?! Brody you're going to have a black eye!?"
"Well I think I fell out of bed...." (starts crying)
I had to explain he wasn't in trouble, but it scared Mommy.
He has fallen out of bed a lot! He is a very active sleeper and he's all over the bed. He's done in right in front of us, he does it in the middle of the night. I've heard him getting back in to bed, we've walked in and found him on the floor sleeping having never known he even fell out.
This time, he fell on a trash can that he had beside his bed that he had played with all day the day before and was full of cars and toys. SO...he had a pretty nasty scrape, big time swelling and I just knew the eye would be black by the end of the day.
Aside from the scrape, everything else just went back to normal. No swelling, no black eye. Thank goodness!
"I don't know!"
"You don't know?! Brody you're going to have a black eye!?"
"Well I think I fell out of bed...." (starts crying)
I had to explain he wasn't in trouble, but it scared Mommy.
He has fallen out of bed a lot! He is a very active sleeper and he's all over the bed. He's done in right in front of us, he does it in the middle of the night. I've heard him getting back in to bed, we've walked in and found him on the floor sleeping having never known he even fell out.
This time, he fell on a trash can that he had beside his bed that he had played with all day the day before and was full of cars and toys. SO...he had a pretty nasty scrape, big time swelling and I just knew the eye would be black by the end of the day.
Aside from the scrape, everything else just went back to normal. No swelling, no black eye. Thank goodness!
Comments