I have really struggled the past couple of weeks.
Our Christmas Vacation started abruptly with the diagnosis of not 1 flu - but 2 children with the flu. Michael was also VERY sick and working like a dog to be able to stay on top of his Christmas Break. Kids go down, shopping and all those last minute things struggle also. Then on a beautiful sunny Christmas Eve, despite my denial, I ALSO start coming down, very quickly, with my own little piece of sickness. It was absolutely the fastest and hardest I've ever gotten sick. Christmas night proved to be a night of no sleep, Christmas morning was sneezing, sneezing, sneezing and a horrible cough that hurt so bad to do, you did everything you could NOT to cough. Michael and I traded off on who felt worse and who got to nap when the other was awake. It was rough.
I've been reading a new book....it's eating my butt....so I'm not ready to go there yet.
.....
I've started a new devotional. I'm a GREAT collector of books but reader of few. Ha! So I crack this one open and it starts with a great message. Good enough to stick with me all day.
"But forget all that - it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland" Isaiah 43:18-19
They go into a beautiful devotional but what I grabbed was, God was saying, "Yeah, remember all that? FORGET IT - it's NOTHING in comparison to what I'm doing next!!!"
Oh my word! I gathered such happiness and hope and awe from that. Not just for me but for people in my life that are coming out on top of some deep struggles. All He's done and all he will do is NOTHING compared to what he's got in store. Isn't that an amazing promise?!? I get such an exciting, like waiting for Christmas morning, feeling from that.
I look forward to more God moments and his amazing grace in 2015....I can't wait to see what he does next :)
Our Christmas Vacation started abruptly with the diagnosis of not 1 flu - but 2 children with the flu. Michael was also VERY sick and working like a dog to be able to stay on top of his Christmas Break. Kids go down, shopping and all those last minute things struggle also. Then on a beautiful sunny Christmas Eve, despite my denial, I ALSO start coming down, very quickly, with my own little piece of sickness. It was absolutely the fastest and hardest I've ever gotten sick. Christmas night proved to be a night of no sleep, Christmas morning was sneezing, sneezing, sneezing and a horrible cough that hurt so bad to do, you did everything you could NOT to cough. Michael and I traded off on who felt worse and who got to nap when the other was awake. It was rough.
I've been reading a new book....it's eating my butt....so I'm not ready to go there yet.
.....
I've started a new devotional. I'm a GREAT collector of books but reader of few. Ha! So I crack this one open and it starts with a great message. Good enough to stick with me all day.
"But forget all that - it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland" Isaiah 43:18-19
They go into a beautiful devotional but what I grabbed was, God was saying, "Yeah, remember all that? FORGET IT - it's NOTHING in comparison to what I'm doing next!!!"
Oh my word! I gathered such happiness and hope and awe from that. Not just for me but for people in my life that are coming out on top of some deep struggles. All He's done and all he will do is NOTHING compared to what he's got in store. Isn't that an amazing promise?!? I get such an exciting, like waiting for Christmas morning, feeling from that.
I look forward to more God moments and his amazing grace in 2015....I can't wait to see what he does next :)
Comments