Skip to main content

The Circus

So I'm only 4 days behind :S

I'm telling ya'....I've been having a hard time finding the time to pee let alone blog! This month has been CA-RAZY! Thankfully....July has passed and we are a go for August! Yeah....it's already August people...Santa Claus technically starts planning here pretty soon ;)

We had a WONDERFUL time at the opening night of Barnum & Bailey Circus per 4 free tickets via Face Book Fan Page. I answered a question right (along with a million others I'm sure) and was given tickets for Wednesday night. Now we had VBS going, which wore us stinkin' out, but how do you pass up free tickets?!

The tickets were not bad by any means, we could have been the top tier of the AAC...but we were the bottom level, just before the "big opening" that everything comes through. They had us bumped right up to the wall under the LED runners. Good seats for free y'all ;)

she loved all the airplanes over her head

their first sight of a zebra

Asia the Elephant...and she was THAT close...fun stuff

So excited we could pee ourselves ;)

sweetest kids ever!

Star Spangled with Miss Texas 2010

Opening...but a good view of our seats...they weren't bad at all

Intermission fun

My favorite part...I love elephants

Sacked out little man....love this boy!


By the way, we went to Victory Tavern to eat before hand since the AAC doesn't open it's doors until 6:30 and it's literally right on the back side of the center....do NOT go there. It was overpriced for what you get and the service was HORRIBLE. Do NOT go there if you're in a hurry...you WILL be late! Michael's burger was dry...I mean dry...I could have done a better job on our grill in the backyard! I ordered crab nachos....I got 4 of them. 4 people!? For $10!!!! I'm not one to bash a restaurant unless it's warranted...this time it is :S Pass on the Victory Tavern.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goals for 2020

So after thinking through this for a while, I've decided to bring this back into my life.  I love to write, I love to express myself and share recipes.  SO...this blog may not always look pretty...it might get messy, because that's life, and I'm too old to pretend it's not.   Goals for 2020: To continue to search for what feeds my soul and not harms it. I'm going to keep up with my health goals and make it another year of weight maintenance.  Walking starts again.  Not about needing to lose, I like everything a bit tighter.  So there you go.  I'm not athletic, I do not LIKE working out.  But I do like walking because of the moment to take a breath and enjoy being outside and listening to good music 💓 I wanted to commit to living my truth...if I say be kind...that means I have to drop some guards and also do just that.  There's been a couple relationships over the years that I wanted to circle back to this year.  Both hav...

Award Winning Salsa

Well…it won an award in my family 🤣 This blog has seen MANY salsa recipes. I LOVE salsa. I’m always trying to perfect my recipe so I tried some different things yesterday and BAM….I mean wowza BAM!!!! Jayme’s Award Winning 😉 Salsa 2lbs Tomatillo, husked and washed and halved 2 Jalapeño, washed, halved, seeded if you’re a wuss.  1 Serrano, washed, remove stem 1 red onion, quartered 1 Lg Tomato 1 Bunch Cilantro 2 Tbs minced garlic  Salt  On a large baking sheet lay out your tomatillos, peppers and onion. Cover the bottom of the pan Chicken stock or water. I also drizzled a little olive oil.  Put in a 350 oven for 75-90 minutes.  Let cool down a bit and throw everything in a food processor.  Holy. Moly. Very restaurant like. Maybe a Cantina Laredo or Haciendas Ranch feel to it. So. Good.  I like it warm so when I go to get it out of the fridge, I just throw in the microwave for a sec.  SO good!

Perpetual diets and a soul change....

I feel like all my life, I've been on a perpetual diet.  Seriously.  Pretty much every day of my life has been a choice.  Some days/months/years I do great.  Others....not so much. I've never been one of those girls.  You know...the ones that always just pulled it off.  Looks, weight, clothes.  Nope.  That is not me.  I've also always had skinny friends.  They ate the same things as me...but I'd notice on me and never on them.  I think I've always aspired in some way to be each of them.  Hell, maybe they keep me in check so I don't ever let myself go to much?  That's some deep thinking stuff! What a funny life.  Then, I had my jaw surgery.  Long recovery.  Long, hard, painful recovery.  I think I just gave myself a pass for the last couple of years.  Because I can tell you...I hadn't been too worried about my weight since then. So.  I had a picture taken of me on August 17th.  As ...