Nana's are AWESOME! Our Nana in particular is VERY awesome :)
Because of Nana, we got to see ICE this year and what a fun day we had! The Gaylord is absolutely beautiful. It was funny to be from Dallas where the Gaylord is just another hotel, walk into it and you fall into a tourist HUB! LOL! It was very fun!


Note to self on next time....REMEMBER THE DANG GLOVES ;) I walked out of the house without any of our winter wear...we didn't even have coats on! Next time...I will have a hat, scarf and gloves - I was a popsicle when we got out of there. 9 degree temps for 45 minutes (because it was SO packed) was an adventure...ha! The coats they supply are definitely warm enough...it's just everything else that's exposed....wow! The ice sculptures were really fun...what talented people! We got tons of pictures.
We went from ICE to the Riverwalk Cantina inside the Gaylord. How fun is that...it really did have the "riveralk" feel. Jan and I partook in some margaritas, we sat next to a fountain (a fave of the kids) so they threw in coins every 15 minutes or so, always wishing for something different! We had GREAT conversation and just really had a nice dinner together. Love our Nana!
We did some more walking around...it had gotten dark at this point, so all the lights were on. Whole different experience at night as opposed to afternoon. MORE photo ops ;)
YAY for ICE....YAY for Nana's and YAY for a fun family day :)
Because of Nana, we got to see ICE this year and what a fun day we had! The Gaylord is absolutely beautiful. It was funny to be from Dallas where the Gaylord is just another hotel, walk into it and you fall into a tourist HUB! LOL! It was very fun!
Note to self on next time....REMEMBER THE DANG GLOVES ;) I walked out of the house without any of our winter wear...we didn't even have coats on! Next time...I will have a hat, scarf and gloves - I was a popsicle when we got out of there. 9 degree temps for 45 minutes (because it was SO packed) was an adventure...ha! The coats they supply are definitely warm enough...it's just everything else that's exposed....wow! The ice sculptures were really fun...what talented people! We got tons of pictures.
We went from ICE to the Riverwalk Cantina inside the Gaylord. How fun is that...it really did have the "riveralk" feel. Jan and I partook in some margaritas, we sat next to a fountain (a fave of the kids) so they threw in coins every 15 minutes or so, always wishing for something different! We had GREAT conversation and just really had a nice dinner together. Love our Nana!
We did some more walking around...it had gotten dark at this point, so all the lights were on. Whole different experience at night as opposed to afternoon. MORE photo ops ;)
YAY for ICE....YAY for Nana's and YAY for a fun family day :)

Comments