My kids went to Kindergarten this year. When my kids went to Kindergarten, I went to work. When I went to work....I mean I took 4 part time jobs....because I never do anything less than 150 miles an hour or half way. :P
In this past school year.....
- I took the position at church for Preschool Director and have loved EVERY STINKIN' MINUTE
- I've had ups and downs as a Mommy due to stress, phases and stages on all our parts.
- MD's traveled more
- MD's also become more busy and works A LOT!
- Raina's avid in gymnastics, Brody plays baseball in fall and spring leagues. THIS keeps us busy during the week and weekends.
- We've joined a new community group
- We've had conflicts, ups, downs and sadness with family
- My fluff....has gotten REALLY fluffy :| (not too wild about this one)
- I went on my 1st retreat and attended a conference in Atlanta in the same month...and going on another retreat tomorrow....that's 3 trips away in about a months time (with MD traveling in there also)....my family is feeling it!
- We've got anywhere from 2-5 house projects going on at a time (most unfinished) due to getting the house ready to put on the market.
- My house....well....the floors are rarely swept, the counters can be sticky more often than not and the bathrooms have toothpaste filmed sinks and they aren't cleaned every 2-3 days like they once were. I feel sorry for the neglect of my house...HA!
In the past school year, our lives turned 100% upside down and then flipped backwards all while going 100 miles an hour. It's been quite a ride!
We're now at the end of the year and I'm COUNTING the days down. Days until there aren't alarm clocks every day. Days until I can clean my house again. Days until I can finish all these projects. Days until I can spend time with my kids again like we used to.
Changes as of May 31st in the Doggett house:
- Still Preschool Director....no longer Preschool Teacher. I'm not returning to Sonshine in the fall.
This doesn't sound like much....but it IS! Major stress reliever!
- Weekend job is no longer needed except for a funny money situation. We have SMASHED our debt by leaps and bounds and holy cow .... it's almost gone. We had a 17 month plan to eliminate $65K....and we are on track to do that if not finish earlier. YAY! I now have the luxury, if asked, to pick and choose when I want to do these instead of feeling like I HAVE to do them. I'm excited about this too. That's a stress reliever!
So that leaves me to my job at the church and my part time stuff from home for Michael's office....which I enjoy doing. It keeps me grounded, it's an old hat I get to slip on. It's familiar and comfortable.
Looking forward....we're headed out of town mid-June for a Doggett get away! I can't wait!
I'm ready for May 31st y'all!
In this past school year.....
- I took the position at church for Preschool Director and have loved EVERY STINKIN' MINUTE
- I've had ups and downs as a Mommy due to stress, phases and stages on all our parts.
- MD's traveled more
- MD's also become more busy and works A LOT!
- Raina's avid in gymnastics, Brody plays baseball in fall and spring leagues. THIS keeps us busy during the week and weekends.
- We've joined a new community group
- We've had conflicts, ups, downs and sadness with family
- My fluff....has gotten REALLY fluffy :| (not too wild about this one)
- I went on my 1st retreat and attended a conference in Atlanta in the same month...and going on another retreat tomorrow....that's 3 trips away in about a months time (with MD traveling in there also)....my family is feeling it!
- We've got anywhere from 2-5 house projects going on at a time (most unfinished) due to getting the house ready to put on the market.
- My house....well....the floors are rarely swept, the counters can be sticky more often than not and the bathrooms have toothpaste filmed sinks and they aren't cleaned every 2-3 days like they once were. I feel sorry for the neglect of my house...HA!
In the past school year, our lives turned 100% upside down and then flipped backwards all while going 100 miles an hour. It's been quite a ride!
We're now at the end of the year and I'm COUNTING the days down. Days until there aren't alarm clocks every day. Days until I can clean my house again. Days until I can finish all these projects. Days until I can spend time with my kids again like we used to.
Changes as of May 31st in the Doggett house:
- Still Preschool Director....no longer Preschool Teacher. I'm not returning to Sonshine in the fall.
This doesn't sound like much....but it IS! Major stress reliever!
- Weekend job is no longer needed except for a funny money situation. We have SMASHED our debt by leaps and bounds and holy cow .... it's almost gone. We had a 17 month plan to eliminate $65K....and we are on track to do that if not finish earlier. YAY! I now have the luxury, if asked, to pick and choose when I want to do these instead of feeling like I HAVE to do them. I'm excited about this too. That's a stress reliever!
So that leaves me to my job at the church and my part time stuff from home for Michael's office....which I enjoy doing. It keeps me grounded, it's an old hat I get to slip on. It's familiar and comfortable.
Looking forward....we're headed out of town mid-June for a Doggett get away! I can't wait!
I'm ready for May 31st y'all!
Comments