Conviction: A strong persuasion or belief
Ever been convicted of something.....not always fun is it? Yeah....that's where I'm at the past couple of days.
I am not a perfect mom or wife....in fact....there are some days I wonder why they allow me in the house. I often times allow stress to creep in to the cracks of my heart. I allow words or opinions pile onto that. I allow just general exhaustion or anxiety be the mortar that cements all that down...sometimes not allowing it to budge...not even an inch.
Michael works all day in a high stress situation...last thing he wants to come home to is cranky pants wife. Brody and Raina have hard days and already fighting the urge to break down further and navigating their emotions with their tantrums....they don't need sarcastic cranky pants Momma.
I've really been digging into my Bible. I did a marriage bible study that Michael was doing. I've started doing our Easter readings that the church is posting. For lent, I joined in with some other staff and started reading 2 chapters a day of the gospels until Easter. Then....I started a study for Mother's and Father's and have been sent all over the Bible and yesterday I got smacked right across the face with some very real truths about myself. .....yeah....'cause that's always fun....
Ugh......
"But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content."
Psalm 131:2
The basis behind this scripture was this:
Mommas have great restorative power in their soothing words and hugs. Kiddos need to know that even if the world is against them, Momma will always love them, be proud of them and think they're somebody.
Momma....it is ME that makes God believable and real to Brody and Raina. It is from me that my kiddos learn about unconditional love, daily forgiveness, and a feeling of self-worth. When they've learned it from ME, they will find it believable that God could love them the same way and more.
....am I being the Mom I'm called to be? ......not all the time :/
"She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue"
Proverbs 31:26
How happy the home where the Word of God guides the way she treats her husband and children. How happy the home where the woman lives, prays and sings her faith.
I'd love to say that everything out of my mouth is with calming love and warming heart...HA! I'd love to say that. I cannot say that. I actually am in awe of mom's that never raise their voices...wow...I tip my hat to you friends!
I think what I've come to realize...no one is perfect. Momma's aren't perfect no matter how hard we are on ourselves. We do the best we can. Most of the time, our kids don't see the flaws we see in ourselves...thank goodness! I've always laughed that the kids didn't come with an instruction manual.....but....we do have a pretty good book of guidelines. ;)
Ever been convicted of something.....not always fun is it? Yeah....that's where I'm at the past couple of days.
I am not a perfect mom or wife....in fact....there are some days I wonder why they allow me in the house. I often times allow stress to creep in to the cracks of my heart. I allow words or opinions pile onto that. I allow just general exhaustion or anxiety be the mortar that cements all that down...sometimes not allowing it to budge...not even an inch.
Michael works all day in a high stress situation...last thing he wants to come home to is cranky pants wife. Brody and Raina have hard days and already fighting the urge to break down further and navigating their emotions with their tantrums....they don't need sarcastic cranky pants Momma.
I've really been digging into my Bible. I did a marriage bible study that Michael was doing. I've started doing our Easter readings that the church is posting. For lent, I joined in with some other staff and started reading 2 chapters a day of the gospels until Easter. Then....I started a study for Mother's and Father's and have been sent all over the Bible and yesterday I got smacked right across the face with some very real truths about myself. .....yeah....'cause that's always fun....
Ugh......
"But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content."
Psalm 131:2
The basis behind this scripture was this:
Mommas have great restorative power in their soothing words and hugs. Kiddos need to know that even if the world is against them, Momma will always love them, be proud of them and think they're somebody.
Momma....it is ME that makes God believable and real to Brody and Raina. It is from me that my kiddos learn about unconditional love, daily forgiveness, and a feeling of self-worth. When they've learned it from ME, they will find it believable that God could love them the same way and more.
....am I being the Mom I'm called to be? ......not all the time :/
"She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue"
Proverbs 31:26
How happy the home where the Word of God guides the way she treats her husband and children. How happy the home where the woman lives, prays and sings her faith.
I'd love to say that everything out of my mouth is with calming love and warming heart...HA! I'd love to say that. I cannot say that. I actually am in awe of mom's that never raise their voices...wow...I tip my hat to you friends!
I think what I've come to realize...no one is perfect. Momma's aren't perfect no matter how hard we are on ourselves. We do the best we can. Most of the time, our kids don't see the flaws we see in ourselves...thank goodness! I've always laughed that the kids didn't come with an instruction manual.....but....we do have a pretty good book of guidelines. ;)
Comments