Skip to main content

The Dr.'s Appointment

So I went to the Dr. on Wednesday and of course I was INCREDIBLY anxious about the whole thing.  BUT it turned out to be exactly what I was needing to hear and wanting to hear. 

He looked over why I was there, I didn't indicate to anyone this was why I was coming, only the symptoms that brought me there.  So we talked about that for a minute and then I was very to the point with him and said, "I want to talk to you about a hysterectomy" and he answered back very to the point with, "sure!".  *SIGH*  I can finally breath!  LOL :)

I started seeing him in 2004 and it's on my chart the reason for the first ever visit "abnormal bleeding" and I didn't remember that but that was EXACTLY why I was referred to him.  That's why when we expressed we wanted children he did the laporoscopy.  He got me "cleaned up" for pregnancy trying and referred me to our Infertility Specialist.  He's documented each physical up to now "abnormal bleeding, pain, aching, endometriosis, cysts". 

SO we discussed all the many options that go with this procedure and the only time he put on the breaks is when I expressed I wanted EVERYTHING taken and he said no.  He said 30 year old women do not handle menopause very well, that's why you go through it later in life so he was very insistent on leaving at least 1 ovary.  I told him the right one HAD to go...LOL! 

So while doing the procedure he will be checking out both ovaries and most likely taking the right, leaving the left.  That's best case scenario. 

I'm just so relieved.....I REALLY am.  I have lived with these problems since I was a teenager starting for the very first time.  I've gone to the ER with ruptured cysts more times than I can count, I've been hospitalized once because of a rupture.  I've had every test known to man done....down there....and lived with endometriosis too long.  I do not know what it feels like to wake up and have a day where nothing hurts and everything is normal. 

SO....here's the plan.  I have to go back next week for a biopsy....routine to check for any abnormalities he'd need to address and then we will schedule the surgery after that.  It won't be too long after getting the results back that I'll be in surgery - that's why I said in 2 weeks....that'll be about when it will fall.

Prayers for the surgery, prayers for a fast recovery, prayers for my Dr. and prayers for me while going through all this. 

I will post more as I get more info on everything.  Until the biopsy I'm kinda in a holding pattern knowing I WILL get it done but unsure of a date. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goals for 2020

So after thinking through this for a while, I've decided to bring this back into my life.  I love to write, I love to express myself and share recipes.  SO...this blog may not always look pretty...it might get messy, because that's life, and I'm too old to pretend it's not.   Goals for 2020: To continue to search for what feeds my soul and not harms it. I'm going to keep up with my health goals and make it another year of weight maintenance.  Walking starts again.  Not about needing to lose, I like everything a bit tighter.  So there you go.  I'm not athletic, I do not LIKE working out.  But I do like walking because of the moment to take a breath and enjoy being outside and listening to good music 💓 I wanted to commit to living my truth...if I say be kind...that means I have to drop some guards and also do just that.  There's been a couple relationships over the years that I wanted to circle back to this year.  Both hav...

Award Winning Salsa

Well…it won an award in my family 🤣 This blog has seen MANY salsa recipes. I LOVE salsa. I’m always trying to perfect my recipe so I tried some different things yesterday and BAM….I mean wowza BAM!!!! Jayme’s Award Winning 😉 Salsa 2lbs Tomatillo, husked and washed and halved 2 Jalapeño, washed, halved, seeded if you’re a wuss.  1 Serrano, washed, remove stem 1 red onion, quartered 1 Lg Tomato 1 Bunch Cilantro 2 Tbs minced garlic  Salt  On a large baking sheet lay out your tomatillos, peppers and onion. Cover the bottom of the pan Chicken stock or water. I also drizzled a little olive oil.  Put in a 350 oven for 75-90 minutes.  Let cool down a bit and throw everything in a food processor.  Holy. Moly. Very restaurant like. Maybe a Cantina Laredo or Haciendas Ranch feel to it. So. Good.  I like it warm so when I go to get it out of the fridge, I just throw in the microwave for a sec.  SO good!

Perpetual diets and a soul change....

I feel like all my life, I've been on a perpetual diet.  Seriously.  Pretty much every day of my life has been a choice.  Some days/months/years I do great.  Others....not so much. I've never been one of those girls.  You know...the ones that always just pulled it off.  Looks, weight, clothes.  Nope.  That is not me.  I've also always had skinny friends.  They ate the same things as me...but I'd notice on me and never on them.  I think I've always aspired in some way to be each of them.  Hell, maybe they keep me in check so I don't ever let myself go to much?  That's some deep thinking stuff! What a funny life.  Then, I had my jaw surgery.  Long recovery.  Long, hard, painful recovery.  I think I just gave myself a pass for the last couple of years.  Because I can tell you...I hadn't been too worried about my weight since then. So.  I had a picture taken of me on August 17th.  As ...