We had the BEST weekend!
It was pretty fun to roll Michael's birthday into Mother's Day and just have 1 big weekend celebration :)
Michael is now 30....he finally hit the milestone that sends everyone into a frazzle for about a week...and then it hits and you realize...your 30's are some of your best years :)
I got up early on Friday morning and threw a cake in the oven. We decorated it and got ready and headed up to his office. He had the whole crew in to sing and watch him blow out his candles. They had decorated his office for him and he had a client meeting 1st thing that morning and they even had done some stuff for him. We dropped the kids off at Jan's after 4 and then we hit the road wheels blazing towards Oklahoma.

I was born in Oklahoma...Ada....but my parents moved back to Texas when I was 6 months old...hadn't been back since. I was kinda excited to be hitting Okie grounds again :) Of course it felt like FOREVER to get up there but in all actuality...it was about an hour...ha!

We didn't stay in the new tower they just built and it really was beautiful...we opted to stay in the "older" part which was still very nice. The "new" casino is VERY nice inside...very clean, fresh air - not overwhelmed with all the smoking. I think because it is SO large, the ceilings are VERY high and it was FREEZING in there which told me they're constantly running fresh air through...it was really quite enjoyable.
The cons....no craps table and no drinks. When we go gambling...our main thing is the craps table. We both love it and we both do pretty good on it! They didn't have one. Bummer! I'm not a huge slot machine person, I'd rather go spend that money on clothes than pump it into a machine that is programmed to take your money...ha ha! But we did find the blackjack tables and Michael initially started playing, I ended up joining in later. We both were doing GREAT...I mean up A LOT and then they refreshed their dealers and this lady Patricia came on. She was ALL SORTS of bad luck! ha! We went back later to our "good" dealer Caleb and then she cycled back in again...we were up....and then we were down....thanks Patricia!
When I say no drinks...they provided colas, tea and water....but unlike other casino's - no alcoholic. That was just weird! Every casino I've ever been to they've done that. Not like it's a HUGE priority...obviously we did ok without it...but to get away from normal life, kick back and have some "adult" time...it would have been nice. So that was a downer.
We ended the night with Michael hitting about average. He had won at everything he'd sat at...so he wasn't up, but he wasn't down. I lost pretty much every where I sat...so I ended up stopping and stashing the cash we'd brought. Hey I'm no dummy! ;) We got back to the room after midnight and us old 30 year old's hit the hay. So nice to be able to rest. And what I mean by that is not sleeping with 1 eye open and 1 ear alert in Mommy mode...I just felt SO rested when I got up the next morning. It's nice to have a refresher from time to time.
We walked out of the hotel to REALLY chilly weather....I was in shorts and a t-shirt...that wasn't going to work...ha ha! So we hit IHOP which we haven't been to in probably 2 years...that was nice and then we hit Wal-Mart for our fishing license's and I hit the clearance rack and got Danskin pants and windbreaker for $12 total...woo hoo! I at least had cover to break the chilly wind!
We got to the lake 1st and Jan, Don and then kids were shortly after us. We went into Eisenhower State Park and found a dock...it was SUPER windy and the waves were rough and high. We all pretty much knew nothing would be caught there but Brody was DEADSET on getting his pole in the water so we all tried. Sure enough...Brody the SUPER fisherman had the only catch of the morning...a very nice sized bass that his Nana helped him pull up.


That dock got SUPER busy with lots of people and kids flailing their hooks everywhere...so we packed up and headed towards the picnic area for some lunch. Jan had put together such a nice spread full of bbq chicken sandwiches, baked beans, potato and and birthday cupcakes! It was nice to be able to sit down, relax and still eat some good grub! :)








Michael opened his presents from Jan and Don and we let the kids goof around for a little bit and then decided to get back in the cars and drive to our next destination for fishing. We first went behind the dam...but it really didn't have great access and the waters were really rushing. So we headed back into the park to the first spot we saw earlier in the day...and it was PERFECT!
We got the kids poles in the water. Nana was helping Bro-man and Poppy had Raina's pole. This place was a cove, so Michael and I take off for the cove area looking for the fish. We all caught something.
Dad was the first with a catfish:

I caught the next fish...a baby catfish:

Raina caught large mouth bass:

I caught the big daddy...a black drum:

I caught another baby cat:
then Brody ended the day with another large mouth bass:

We headed back towards Sherman and got some good grub at El Chico and then headed back home. We walked in after 8 and once I got the kids bathed and in bed...I hit the hay myself. I set my alarm for church and sacked clean out! Of course...my alarm didn't go off but thank goodness Michael had his set. So I was running 15 minutes behind and those that have kids know that 15 minutes is crucial in getting a family of 4 ready for church! ha ha!
When I got out of the shower the kids and Michael were on the bed screaming Happy Mother's Day with my 5th addition to my annual Mother's Day portrait! It's perfect and I love it and it's a great addition to my growing collection :) One day....in our dream home we're patiently planning, praying and waiting for...I will have a room full of these portraits and I will ADORE this room...I can already see it!

We headed t Macaroni Bar and Grill after church and met up with Mom / Dad and Jan / Don. Good food, I love that place! We then headed north to Mom's, changed our clothes and went and fished the pond by their house. Brody and Raina have yet to fish with their Mimi and Papa....it's been a while for me also ;) We all were catching and having a good time. We got sprinkled on a couple times and after about 3 hours headed back to the house.
Dad caught a bass right off...like as soon as his lure hit the water. Mom caught one later and this was hers.
So a funny story...the kids were over by Papa fishing. He was being really patient with them considering they were crossing lines, hooking eachother's clothes and screwing up his fishing in the process. Towards the end Raina points out a turtle to him. He explains that turtles like worms...he'll want her worm on her hook. In the sweetest Raina voice...she starts saying "here turtle turtle turtle".....then all of a sudden she goes, "Papa, LOOK!" and we all look over and she has this:
I haven't seen my Dad laugh like that in a long time! ha ha! Too funny :)
So we got home from out weekend o' fun and Michael hung all my pictures for me along with the new one....

GREAT weekend....I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day also!
It was pretty fun to roll Michael's birthday into Mother's Day and just have 1 big weekend celebration :)
Michael is now 30....he finally hit the milestone that sends everyone into a frazzle for about a week...and then it hits and you realize...your 30's are some of your best years :)
I got up early on Friday morning and threw a cake in the oven. We decorated it and got ready and headed up to his office. He had the whole crew in to sing and watch him blow out his candles. They had decorated his office for him and he had a client meeting 1st thing that morning and they even had done some stuff for him. We dropped the kids off at Jan's after 4 and then we hit the road wheels blazing towards Oklahoma.
I was born in Oklahoma...Ada....but my parents moved back to Texas when I was 6 months old...hadn't been back since. I was kinda excited to be hitting Okie grounds again :) Of course it felt like FOREVER to get up there but in all actuality...it was about an hour...ha!
We didn't stay in the new tower they just built and it really was beautiful...we opted to stay in the "older" part which was still very nice. The "new" casino is VERY nice inside...very clean, fresh air - not overwhelmed with all the smoking. I think because it is SO large, the ceilings are VERY high and it was FREEZING in there which told me they're constantly running fresh air through...it was really quite enjoyable.
The cons....no craps table and no drinks. When we go gambling...our main thing is the craps table. We both love it and we both do pretty good on it! They didn't have one. Bummer! I'm not a huge slot machine person, I'd rather go spend that money on clothes than pump it into a machine that is programmed to take your money...ha ha! But we did find the blackjack tables and Michael initially started playing, I ended up joining in later. We both were doing GREAT...I mean up A LOT and then they refreshed their dealers and this lady Patricia came on. She was ALL SORTS of bad luck! ha! We went back later to our "good" dealer Caleb and then she cycled back in again...we were up....and then we were down....thanks Patricia!
When I say no drinks...they provided colas, tea and water....but unlike other casino's - no alcoholic. That was just weird! Every casino I've ever been to they've done that. Not like it's a HUGE priority...obviously we did ok without it...but to get away from normal life, kick back and have some "adult" time...it would have been nice. So that was a downer.
We ended the night with Michael hitting about average. He had won at everything he'd sat at...so he wasn't up, but he wasn't down. I lost pretty much every where I sat...so I ended up stopping and stashing the cash we'd brought. Hey I'm no dummy! ;) We got back to the room after midnight and us old 30 year old's hit the hay. So nice to be able to rest. And what I mean by that is not sleeping with 1 eye open and 1 ear alert in Mommy mode...I just felt SO rested when I got up the next morning. It's nice to have a refresher from time to time.
We walked out of the hotel to REALLY chilly weather....I was in shorts and a t-shirt...that wasn't going to work...ha ha! So we hit IHOP which we haven't been to in probably 2 years...that was nice and then we hit Wal-Mart for our fishing license's and I hit the clearance rack and got Danskin pants and windbreaker for $12 total...woo hoo! I at least had cover to break the chilly wind!
We got to the lake 1st and Jan, Don and then kids were shortly after us. We went into Eisenhower State Park and found a dock...it was SUPER windy and the waves were rough and high. We all pretty much knew nothing would be caught there but Brody was DEADSET on getting his pole in the water so we all tried. Sure enough...Brody the SUPER fisherman had the only catch of the morning...a very nice sized bass that his Nana helped him pull up.
That dock got SUPER busy with lots of people and kids flailing their hooks everywhere...so we packed up and headed towards the picnic area for some lunch. Jan had put together such a nice spread full of bbq chicken sandwiches, baked beans, potato and and birthday cupcakes! It was nice to be able to sit down, relax and still eat some good grub! :)
Michael opened his presents from Jan and Don and we let the kids goof around for a little bit and then decided to get back in the cars and drive to our next destination for fishing. We first went behind the dam...but it really didn't have great access and the waters were really rushing. So we headed back into the park to the first spot we saw earlier in the day...and it was PERFECT!
We got the kids poles in the water. Nana was helping Bro-man and Poppy had Raina's pole. This place was a cove, so Michael and I take off for the cove area looking for the fish. We all caught something.
I caught the next fish...a baby catfish:
Raina caught large mouth bass:
I caught the big daddy...a black drum:

I caught another baby cat:
then Brody ended the day with another large mouth bass:
We headed back towards Sherman and got some good grub at El Chico and then headed back home. We walked in after 8 and once I got the kids bathed and in bed...I hit the hay myself. I set my alarm for church and sacked clean out! Of course...my alarm didn't go off but thank goodness Michael had his set. So I was running 15 minutes behind and those that have kids know that 15 minutes is crucial in getting a family of 4 ready for church! ha ha!
When I got out of the shower the kids and Michael were on the bed screaming Happy Mother's Day with my 5th addition to my annual Mother's Day portrait! It's perfect and I love it and it's a great addition to my growing collection :) One day....in our dream home we're patiently planning, praying and waiting for...I will have a room full of these portraits and I will ADORE this room...I can already see it!
We headed t Macaroni Bar and Grill after church and met up with Mom / Dad and Jan / Don. Good food, I love that place! We then headed north to Mom's, changed our clothes and went and fished the pond by their house. Brody and Raina have yet to fish with their Mimi and Papa....it's been a while for me also ;) We all were catching and having a good time. We got sprinkled on a couple times and after about 3 hours headed back to the house.
Dad caught a bass right off...like as soon as his lure hit the water. Mom caught one later and this was hers.So a funny story...the kids were over by Papa fishing. He was being really patient with them considering they were crossing lines, hooking eachother's clothes and screwing up his fishing in the process. Towards the end Raina points out a turtle to him. He explains that turtles like worms...he'll want her worm on her hook. In the sweetest Raina voice...she starts saying "here turtle turtle turtle".....then all of a sudden she goes, "Papa, LOOK!" and we all look over and she has this:
I haven't seen my Dad laugh like that in a long time! ha ha! Too funny :)
So we got home from out weekend o' fun and Michael hung all my pictures for me along with the new one....
GREAT weekend....I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day also!


Comments