So...everyone potty trains in different ways. I don't knock anyone's methods....I say whatever works right!
I potty trained my kiddos earlier than most would. I put it off 6 months longer than I wanted to because I wasn't ready! Ha! You try potty training 2 kids at the same time of different gender and tell me how gung ho you are!? ;)
I also potty trained them RIGHT smack dab in the middle of my Maw Maw passing. It wasn't very much of a set back...they had a couple accidents but for the most part...holy cow they did good! We have absolutely no accidents at all...never have. They potty trained perfectly.
I put them in pull ups at night from the beginning of potty training. Raina hasn't wet hers in I don't know when. Every now and then it will be damp...not soppin...damp but that's once in a blue moon. Brody was the one I wasn't getting through to. BUT...different gender...different methods. So I started changing his liquid intake at night...cut off times...no water by the bed like we've always done. All of a sudden we're moving in the right direction.
He's gone about a month now with dry nights...no issues at all.....
Tonight...both kiddos have gone pull up free!
Who's the anxious one....ME! LOL!
They have protected coverings on their beds...so that's not it. I just am not a "wake me up in the middle of the night" type of gal...especially since we've gone so long now with no interuptions in sleep because this whole family is a family of sleepers...we all love our shut eye....
Yes I know...I've kept the Pull Ups on ALL this time...basically wasting money...because of my issues and worries....yes this is where you get to laugh at me ;)
I know we'll be fine...they know...and have been...waking up to go potty. They've got a little lamp that stays on in their bathroom.
Breath Momma...it's another step in the right direction and yes....your babies are now kids....
I potty trained my kiddos earlier than most would. I put it off 6 months longer than I wanted to because I wasn't ready! Ha! You try potty training 2 kids at the same time of different gender and tell me how gung ho you are!? ;)
I also potty trained them RIGHT smack dab in the middle of my Maw Maw passing. It wasn't very much of a set back...they had a couple accidents but for the most part...holy cow they did good! We have absolutely no accidents at all...never have. They potty trained perfectly.
I put them in pull ups at night from the beginning of potty training. Raina hasn't wet hers in I don't know when. Every now and then it will be damp...not soppin...damp but that's once in a blue moon. Brody was the one I wasn't getting through to. BUT...different gender...different methods. So I started changing his liquid intake at night...cut off times...no water by the bed like we've always done. All of a sudden we're moving in the right direction.
He's gone about a month now with dry nights...no issues at all.....
Tonight...both kiddos have gone pull up free!
Who's the anxious one....ME! LOL!
They have protected coverings on their beds...so that's not it. I just am not a "wake me up in the middle of the night" type of gal...especially since we've gone so long now with no interuptions in sleep because this whole family is a family of sleepers...we all love our shut eye....
Yes I know...I've kept the Pull Ups on ALL this time...basically wasting money...because of my issues and worries....yes this is where you get to laugh at me ;)
I know we'll be fine...they know...and have been...waking up to go potty. They've got a little lamp that stays on in their bathroom.
Breath Momma...it's another step in the right direction and yes....your babies are now kids....
Comments