Well so far, 2011 has shed sunny days on us!
Brody not eating.....well it's a slow go but we're getting there! He has tried everything I've put in front of him every single day, every single meal this past week. It has not always been easy, I wasn't expecting it to be, but we have DONE IT! Woo hoo!! He's eating all different textures of meat, noodles of different flavors, fruits, veggies and different textures and types of bread. He hasn't liked everything, I haven't expected him to but he is expected to try everything and he has. This is a huge HUGE triumph for us....you just don't even know! Ha!
Last night we made a "spicy tuna skillet"....it was a lot like a Tuna Helper but from scratch and a whole heck of a lot better for you. Brody did most of the cooking. We cooked as a family, Raina and Michael were in charge of the noodles, but I asked Brody to help with the fresh veggies and stirring the sauce. He really did great, he enjoyed it and he kept telling us he wants to be a chef...and to me, I think that's pretty stinkin cool! Ha! I know we're only 4 so I'll hold off on sending his transcripts to the finest culinary arts schools ;)
cooking a nice healthy meal
....a full on tea party and EVERYONE was invited!
How I love this little girls heart! She has been so supportive of Brody this week and encouraging. She's praised him when we have and she's done well with all the attention he's received. Love love LOVE this sweet baby girl!
We go back to school this week and really, it's been a very nice 2 weeks....I'm not scratching at the walls ;) They are so excited to be going back and I love to see their excitement. Raina can't wait to show her friends her Twinkle Toes and Brody is excited to trade his Superman silly bands! Love it ;)
Tomorrow we are heading up to the Passport office to file our paperwork...very cool! Right now the processing time is 4-6 weeks...I was expecting months...so this is very cool. Michael has presented me with a very fun upcoming event....something for which I'm already "preparing" for. Ha ha! He wants a get away, just the 2 of us....JUST THE 2 OF US! WOO HOO! We've planned a getaway to Mexico at the end of April. Nice! So of course....I am going for 5-15 more lbs. weight loss.....depending on what I can get done. 5 for sure....more if it works out that way. YAY!
We also took another funny picture......the Cowboy game today was pretty exciting for this household. Michael yelling at the TV, Raina telling him to use his inside voice...ha! Brody was just in full gear to support....along with reindeer slippers....and I'm SURE that's what helped the win ;)
Brody not eating.....well it's a slow go but we're getting there! He has tried everything I've put in front of him every single day, every single meal this past week. It has not always been easy, I wasn't expecting it to be, but we have DONE IT! Woo hoo!! He's eating all different textures of meat, noodles of different flavors, fruits, veggies and different textures and types of bread. He hasn't liked everything, I haven't expected him to but he is expected to try everything and he has. This is a huge HUGE triumph for us....you just don't even know! Ha!
Last night we made a "spicy tuna skillet"....it was a lot like a Tuna Helper but from scratch and a whole heck of a lot better for you. Brody did most of the cooking. We cooked as a family, Raina and Michael were in charge of the noodles, but I asked Brody to help with the fresh veggies and stirring the sauce. He really did great, he enjoyed it and he kept telling us he wants to be a chef...and to me, I think that's pretty stinkin cool! Ha! I know we're only 4 so I'll hold off on sending his transcripts to the finest culinary arts schools ;)
We asked him to spoon his own portion out onto his plate. He put way more than I would have but he ended up eating every stinkin' part of it. It was really exciting! Ha ha! He did get to the last bite and decided he didn't want anymore and the tears were in full effect....but he'd eaten!
Little baby steps....we're getting there! Keep prayin' people! ;)
Today we took maybe the cutest picture EVER of Raina! They have been AWESOME this year on being able to entertain themselves and play sweetly and quietly in their rooms. Christmas has only helped that since all these cool new toys have gotten here! Earlier they had both of Raina's doors closed and Michael peeked in to find the below....
Little baby steps....we're getting there! Keep prayin' people! ;)
Today we took maybe the cutest picture EVER of Raina! They have been AWESOME this year on being able to entertain themselves and play sweetly and quietly in their rooms. Christmas has only helped that since all these cool new toys have gotten here! Earlier they had both of Raina's doors closed and Michael peeked in to find the below....
How I love this little girls heart! She has been so supportive of Brody this week and encouraging. She's praised him when we have and she's done well with all the attention he's received. Love love LOVE this sweet baby girl!
We go back to school this week and really, it's been a very nice 2 weeks....I'm not scratching at the walls ;) They are so excited to be going back and I love to see their excitement. Raina can't wait to show her friends her Twinkle Toes and Brody is excited to trade his Superman silly bands! Love it ;)
Tomorrow we are heading up to the Passport office to file our paperwork...very cool! Right now the processing time is 4-6 weeks...I was expecting months...so this is very cool. Michael has presented me with a very fun upcoming event....something for which I'm already "preparing" for. Ha ha! He wants a get away, just the 2 of us....JUST THE 2 OF US! WOO HOO! We've planned a getaway to Mexico at the end of April. Nice! So of course....I am going for 5-15 more lbs. weight loss.....depending on what I can get done. 5 for sure....more if it works out that way. YAY!
We also took another funny picture......the Cowboy game today was pretty exciting for this household. Michael yelling at the TV, Raina telling him to use his inside voice...ha! Brody was just in full gear to support....along with reindeer slippers....and I'm SURE that's what helped the win ;)
Comments