We had a full weekend that started on Wednesday and didn't slow down until now while I sit with my nice BIG cup of steaming coffee :)
Wednesday was the Fair and what a fun day that was! Reflecting back on it - I'm SUCH a lucky girl! I have an awesome Mom that is ready to go with any adventure, she stops at all the silly booths that suck you into their "schpill" and most of the time will buy it too! She is as eager as I am for all our "traditional" stops and pictures and we ALWAYS have a good time - rain or shine!
The last 2 years we've added Jan to our fun time and she's right there with us, trying all the food, checking out all the booths and jumping into all the cars right along with us. The kids LOVE having their grandma's come with them to see Big Tex and I love that we all do it together.
But I think what I loved the most this year was going with my Pap Paw :) I love and cherish all these fun things we've done together since Nanny's passed. Having him around is always fun, the kids love the snot out of him and we get to build memory upon memory! YAY for Pap Paw :)

Michael was so very kind all day and anything I stood and really showed interest in - came home with me :) I am in LOVE with my new cross that we found in the Centennial Bldg.

Thursday I had a semi-break but not really - had to go grocery shopping and that's always such a full day!
Friday was my Twins Sale work day. It was a LONG day! There were over 20,000 items in the sale this year, our biggest yet and our little Civic Center location busting at the seams! I always work "Equipment" and we had more stuff this sale than EVER! 17 cribs, 72 strollers, 54 high chairs....we they only give us a tiny section of the room and I don't know how the 2nd shift did it, but they got it all in there.
I never left the Civic Center - Michael came up at 3:00 (end of my shift) and brought the van packed full of stuff. We dropped all of our stuff off and they came in and sat with me for a few minutes in the hall that yes, a line was already forming....I was 2nd ;)
I went ahead and purchased 4 Raffle tickets for the chance to shop early with committee members at 6:30 pm as opposed to 8:00 pm. I was picked in April so I just knew my luck probably wouldn't be high again this time. But by the time they drew - there really wasn't a BIG line formed yet and I had pretty good chances with my 4 entries. Sure enough - Mom and I got picked :) Woo hoo! Very good sale this time - lots to choose from, prices were just right and everything was in immaculate condition or tags still on - as usual. I was SO stoked to walk out of there 75 items and $270 later with a full season of clothes for Raina, stuff for Brody, shoes AND it wasn't even 8:00 pm yet. SCORE!
I was up until midnight unpinning, sorting and laundering....but hey that's the price you pay :)
Saturday we had 2 parties to attend. A 3-year old TWIN birthday party with our "infertility clinic" friends the Adams. They had it at Pump It Up Jr. in Plano. Fun time for Brody & Michael but Raina isn't my daring one and she was terrified.
I only really have 1 rule with the kids....you have to try everything....you don't have to like, you don't have to do it again but we always have to give it a try. That goes for food and new adventures in front of us.
Well she was kicking and screaming (literally) after our slide down so I let her do her own thing....and of course after an hour of watching everyone else around her having fun she finally decided to do it also....and then 5 minutes later they called us all to get our shoes on for cake. Oh well....she had a BLAST in her 5 minutes ;)
I went into the party with a little bit of pain on my right side of my face, under and above eye and kinda radiating into my top row of teeth....great....sinus infection. It got a little worse over the span of the party and by the time we left I was searching my purse for drugs....ha ha! We weren't due in Allen until 4:30 so we went up to On The Border and split a appetizer and kinda sat and killed time. Pain got a little better after I took the pills so I'm good to go.
We got to Connie's about 4:00 and everyone was already there! Guess we could have gone early ;) SUCH a fun time. I always love seeing everyone and it's like having a family reunion. John, Jenny & their 2 (3 on the way) absolutely adorable kids were there, Betty (Connie's Mom) who happens to be one of my most favorite people was there, Mary & Bill (Connie's sister & BIL) were there and I hadn't seen Bill in FOREVER so it was fun catching up, Matt (Connie's Nephew) & Katie brought sweet baby Caroline who's only 9 months old and was SUCH a sweet baby. Hailey (Connie's Neice) was there and brought Gluten Free Muffins for Evan - and they were tasty too! Sharon also stopped by and I hadn't seen her in a while either. Not to mention seeing Kimberly after all this time and spending time with David and meeting his sweet son Evan. LOVED EVERY MINUTE!
We had to go up to Custer & El Dorado after the party to Michael's Kroger site to do some light measurements. It still wasn't dark enough when we got up there so we stopped by Mom's. By that point my whole right side of my face is just THROBBING! So I took another Aleve D, I took an Excederine Migraine thinking maybe it would help and then Mom gave me a Mucinex D. Lets just say it did finally stop hurting but I was WIRED for the rest of the night with all the decongestant and caffeine in the meds.
Wednesday was the Fair and what a fun day that was! Reflecting back on it - I'm SUCH a lucky girl! I have an awesome Mom that is ready to go with any adventure, she stops at all the silly booths that suck you into their "schpill" and most of the time will buy it too! She is as eager as I am for all our "traditional" stops and pictures and we ALWAYS have a good time - rain or shine!
The last 2 years we've added Jan to our fun time and she's right there with us, trying all the food, checking out all the booths and jumping into all the cars right along with us. The kids LOVE having their grandma's come with them to see Big Tex and I love that we all do it together.
But I think what I loved the most this year was going with my Pap Paw :) I love and cherish all these fun things we've done together since Nanny's passed. Having him around is always fun, the kids love the snot out of him and we get to build memory upon memory! YAY for Pap Paw :)
Michael was so very kind all day and anything I stood and really showed interest in - came home with me :) I am in LOVE with my new cross that we found in the Centennial Bldg.
Thursday I had a semi-break but not really - had to go grocery shopping and that's always such a full day!
Friday was my Twins Sale work day. It was a LONG day! There were over 20,000 items in the sale this year, our biggest yet and our little Civic Center location busting at the seams! I always work "Equipment" and we had more stuff this sale than EVER! 17 cribs, 72 strollers, 54 high chairs....we they only give us a tiny section of the room and I don't know how the 2nd shift did it, but they got it all in there.
I never left the Civic Center - Michael came up at 3:00 (end of my shift) and brought the van packed full of stuff. We dropped all of our stuff off and they came in and sat with me for a few minutes in the hall that yes, a line was already forming....I was 2nd ;)
I went ahead and purchased 4 Raffle tickets for the chance to shop early with committee members at 6:30 pm as opposed to 8:00 pm. I was picked in April so I just knew my luck probably wouldn't be high again this time. But by the time they drew - there really wasn't a BIG line formed yet and I had pretty good chances with my 4 entries. Sure enough - Mom and I got picked :) Woo hoo! Very good sale this time - lots to choose from, prices were just right and everything was in immaculate condition or tags still on - as usual. I was SO stoked to walk out of there 75 items and $270 later with a full season of clothes for Raina, stuff for Brody, shoes AND it wasn't even 8:00 pm yet. SCORE!
I was up until midnight unpinning, sorting and laundering....but hey that's the price you pay :)
Saturday we had 2 parties to attend. A 3-year old TWIN birthday party with our "infertility clinic" friends the Adams. They had it at Pump It Up Jr. in Plano. Fun time for Brody & Michael but Raina isn't my daring one and she was terrified.
I only really have 1 rule with the kids....you have to try everything....you don't have to like, you don't have to do it again but we always have to give it a try. That goes for food and new adventures in front of us.
Well she was kicking and screaming (literally) after our slide down so I let her do her own thing....and of course after an hour of watching everyone else around her having fun she finally decided to do it also....and then 5 minutes later they called us all to get our shoes on for cake. Oh well....she had a BLAST in her 5 minutes ;)
I went into the party with a little bit of pain on my right side of my face, under and above eye and kinda radiating into my top row of teeth....great....sinus infection. It got a little worse over the span of the party and by the time we left I was searching my purse for drugs....ha ha! We weren't due in Allen until 4:30 so we went up to On The Border and split a appetizer and kinda sat and killed time. Pain got a little better after I took the pills so I'm good to go.
We got to Connie's about 4:00 and everyone was already there! Guess we could have gone early ;) SUCH a fun time. I always love seeing everyone and it's like having a family reunion. John, Jenny & their 2 (3 on the way) absolutely adorable kids were there, Betty (Connie's Mom) who happens to be one of my most favorite people was there, Mary & Bill (Connie's sister & BIL) were there and I hadn't seen Bill in FOREVER so it was fun catching up, Matt (Connie's Nephew) & Katie brought sweet baby Caroline who's only 9 months old and was SUCH a sweet baby. Hailey (Connie's Neice) was there and brought Gluten Free Muffins for Evan - and they were tasty too! Sharon also stopped by and I hadn't seen her in a while either. Not to mention seeing Kimberly after all this time and spending time with David and meeting his sweet son Evan. LOVED EVERY MINUTE!
We had to go up to Custer & El Dorado after the party to Michael's Kroger site to do some light measurements. It still wasn't dark enough when we got up there so we stopped by Mom's. By that point my whole right side of my face is just THROBBING! So I took another Aleve D, I took an Excederine Migraine thinking maybe it would help and then Mom gave me a Mucinex D. Lets just say it did finally stop hurting but I was WIRED for the rest of the night with all the decongestant and caffeine in the meds.
Michael's site was a bust, they didn't have the lights on so he wasn't able to get an accurate reading....what a waste....ha ha!
Sunday was church and I'm SO in love with our sermon series....such a good message and I'm really looking forward to next week already! We stopped at Wal-Mart after church for hangers (to hang up the bazillion clothes from the Twins Sale), water and Michael got some steaks for lunch. We made a small batch of mashed potatoes and watched the Cowboys win (barely).
After the game we headed up (in the FREEZING COLD) to Bob Woodruff Park for Mom's company picnic that they had invited all employees and all their families :) It was pretty chilly so we didn't stay too long, just of course long enough to hack off Brody when we had to tell him it was time to go and no more play ground time ;)



Sunday was church and I'm SO in love with our sermon series....such a good message and I'm really looking forward to next week already! We stopped at Wal-Mart after church for hangers (to hang up the bazillion clothes from the Twins Sale), water and Michael got some steaks for lunch. We made a small batch of mashed potatoes and watched the Cowboys win (barely).
After the game we headed up (in the FREEZING COLD) to Bob Woodruff Park for Mom's company picnic that they had invited all employees and all their families :) It was pretty chilly so we didn't stay too long, just of course long enough to hack off Brody when we had to tell him it was time to go and no more play ground time ;)
Comments