Today is the first day post surgery with no help and to tell you the truth - a little part of me is thankful! Everyone was SO much help and in those first few days the help was needed but I quickly realized how incredibly anal I am....ha ha! From cooking, to laundry to my floors. I noticed everything and also noticed it wasn't being done my way. :)
Michael went grocery shopping the day of surgery. It was our normal shopping day so he went and got the essentials...some quick meals...but nothing like I would get for all my recipes since we figured I wouldn't be going chef mode any time soon. That was a help. When I got up to get something one day, nothing was put away right. I restrained myself from rearranging....that day. I was thankful he went - he did a great job!
When Nana was here with the kids....apparently juice was good that day - because it was all over my floor! Ok so hardwoods are an easy clean up. but top it with an open back door all day, windy day....now there's like a dirt layer over the sticky goo that was missed. I completely understand that my 2 can be a shock to the system when you're not used to the hustle and bustle of 3 year olds. It was more than ok...I'd throw a Clorox wipe down when no one was looking and use my toes to do the rest ;)
Michael helped me all weekend with laundry. Lord...for the life of me I cannot understand WHY it bothers me so when someone doesn't fold or put away like I do. What is it going to hurt - really? But it did. I had to let that one go too. That was a hard one. ;)
In all honesty though - I have the best family and friends. The help we received was awesome and I'm completely thankful for my time to rest and take it easy!
Yesterday I was feeling SO much better. I mean - way better than someone 3 days post op should feel. Michael came home on Friday with a Wii and Wii-Fit as a surprise for me....I sat in the recliner for most of it. Yesterday though - I wanted to get on the Fit and get measured and in. Then I didn't see the harm in doing some balance games I love. I stayed away from the strength ones but did try a few yoga ones that didn't concentrate on abs. More bowling, some golf and even some stupid tennis (not my fav)....well needless to say...I woke up this morning cursing myself for overdoing it :S
The only incision I'm having trouble with is the belly button. It's been the hardest one since surgery. It has the most bruising and the most discomfort. Ready for that one to chill out a little - ha ha!
Michael took the kids outside on Saturday and took some pictures. My neighbor always has SUCH a beautiful yard and all of her stuff is blooming...so we took advantage! ;)

Michael went grocery shopping the day of surgery. It was our normal shopping day so he went and got the essentials...some quick meals...but nothing like I would get for all my recipes since we figured I wouldn't be going chef mode any time soon. That was a help. When I got up to get something one day, nothing was put away right. I restrained myself from rearranging....that day. I was thankful he went - he did a great job!
When Nana was here with the kids....apparently juice was good that day - because it was all over my floor! Ok so hardwoods are an easy clean up. but top it with an open back door all day, windy day....now there's like a dirt layer over the sticky goo that was missed. I completely understand that my 2 can be a shock to the system when you're not used to the hustle and bustle of 3 year olds. It was more than ok...I'd throw a Clorox wipe down when no one was looking and use my toes to do the rest ;)
Michael helped me all weekend with laundry. Lord...for the life of me I cannot understand WHY it bothers me so when someone doesn't fold or put away like I do. What is it going to hurt - really? But it did. I had to let that one go too. That was a hard one. ;)
In all honesty though - I have the best family and friends. The help we received was awesome and I'm completely thankful for my time to rest and take it easy!
Yesterday I was feeling SO much better. I mean - way better than someone 3 days post op should feel. Michael came home on Friday with a Wii and Wii-Fit as a surprise for me....I sat in the recliner for most of it. Yesterday though - I wanted to get on the Fit and get measured and in. Then I didn't see the harm in doing some balance games I love. I stayed away from the strength ones but did try a few yoga ones that didn't concentrate on abs. More bowling, some golf and even some stupid tennis (not my fav)....well needless to say...I woke up this morning cursing myself for overdoing it :S
The only incision I'm having trouble with is the belly button. It's been the hardest one since surgery. It has the most bruising and the most discomfort. Ready for that one to chill out a little - ha ha!
Michael took the kids outside on Saturday and took some pictures. My neighbor always has SUCH a beautiful yard and all of her stuff is blooming...so we took advantage! ;)
Comments